HELLO WARRIORS OF OZ!!!!!!
Here is your weekly float and float yard update!
THANKS GOES OUT TO OUR KOW – WARRIORS OF OZ FLOATS WITHOUT YOUR DEDICATION WE WOULDN’T HAVE FLOATS IN THE UPCOMING MARDI GRAS PARADE SEASON
KOW FLOAT YARD NEWS:
1. “Mr. these are not Bees, but Yellow Jackets and I HATE THEM” (Matt Prim) has destroyed 3-4 yellow jackets nests. That said, last Saturday we didn’t have any issues but that doesn’t mean the float yard is 100% yellow jacket free. We all need to do is stay vigilant.
2. FUN TIMES: We had “The Wizard of OZ” playing at the float yard last Saturday so those who haven’t seen it could. That way we were all on the same page and understand the coloring within the scenes. As well as, understand the storyline of the “Wizard of OZ”.
3. As usual, we had beer, water, and lunch provided for everyone who comes out to work on the floats. This week Bonnie Primm has something special planned for lunch this weekend so it won’t just be the normal hotdogs and sausage.
1. ALL FLOATS: Float design; tell the “story” of “The Wizard of OZ” with the floats
a. Color scheme picked out
b. Plan laid out
c. King Rodney scheduled to paint base coat within the next 2 weeks
2. ALL FLOATS: Once the base coat is done, we will work on painting the “yellow brick road” on the bottom of the floats.
3. ALL FLOATS: All the Bead holders were checked and replaced. They are now ready for painting.
4. KREWE FLOAT: There is a lot of prep work we can do that isn’t actually ON the floats. We have poppies, lollipops, etc. to paint that we will actually attach to the floats once the base coat is painted. Last Saturday, we cut out several lollipops and painted a first coat on some poppies flowers. We still have a lot of work left. BTW rumor has it, Hobby Lobby has lollipops on sale, sometimes there are digital coupons too. Please, if you wouldn’t mind and have the time, stop by Hobby Lobby and pick up as many as you think you are able to donate.
5. KREWE FLOAT: Saturday we also tested the Christmas Lights that weren’t damaged from last year. If we want to have a have a lit-up Christmas float this year we need MORE Christmas Lights!!! If you would like to donate, we would like to have all LED (cool white lights long strings) on our floats.
6. KREWE FLOAT: We pull this one in the Christmas Parade which is December 9th. We’ll do as much “flat” painting, etc. that we can do until the end of November first weekend in December and then we’ll decorate it for the Christmas Parade.
7. KREWE FLOAT: Unfortunately the bike and plans we had for that bike (Barb) won’t work due to safety matters. That said, we are in the need (are in the lookout for) a small, youth size bike and a youth mannequin to sit atop it. If you happen to know where we can borrow or purchase VERY INEXPENSIVELY either of these two items, please let me know ASAP.
8. KREWE FLOAT: The “Dorothy’s House Fell” on the wicked witch is being built as you read this email. Things we still need for this portion of the float:
a. Old shoes we can paint as Dorothy’s (HAVE)
b. Black and white (or just white) stockings we can stuff
9. COURT FLOAT: We can fully decorate this float, nothing is hindering our prog
10. Once this is done we can move forward and really make these floats come alive.
Saturday, Oct 28th, work line up
1. Needed two strong men in addition to my son to take my truck and trailer to the dump
2. Paint lollipops with Kilz
3. Test the sound system (before taping)
4. Tape everything that doesn’t require painting
5. Blow the leaves/trash out each float and clean the bathrooms
6. Plan future requirement for the floats
7. Finalize the colors for the floats
8. Level the Krewe Float
9. Getting everything ready to start painting when the floats
Rumer has it, there may be a mullet cookout very soon (TBA).